Why use Nidagravel® Gravel Grids? Perhaps a better questions to ask is - why wouldn't you use Nidagravel®!
Firstly, lets talk about gravel or decorative aggregates. Gravel is an excellent material to use (when stabilised with Nidagravel® gravel grids) to create an attractive, free draining surface for gardens, driveways and commercial spaces. Gravel is supplied in a wide range of sizes, colours and textures and is completely permeable. Available in bulk bags or loose loads all over the UK, it is a cost effective surfacing material, it is also completely natural. Decorative gravels are also very versatile and can be used in contemporary or more traditional settings. Gravel has a lovely crunching sound underfoot and when we think of a classic driveway surface, here in the UK, we tend to think of the long sweeping gravel driveways and entrances of stately homes and country houses. Gravel really is a superb surface material to use and when installed using Nidagravel® gravel stabilisation grids
, we think stabilised gravel provides the most attractive, environmentally friendly surface available in the UK.
So, gravel itself is not the problem. The way in which gravel is traditionally installed is the problem.
It has long been acknowledged that the traditional way of laying decorative gravel and aggregates directly over the sub-base, in the long term, leads to a number of problems. These include loss of gravel or gravel migration, unwanted gravel spilling into lawns and borders, development of pot holes and ruts, maintenance issues and traditional gravel surfaces can be very difficult to walk on, push a wheelchair or buggy and in some cases it can even be difficult to drive on. These problems apply to all situations where gravel is laid in the traditional way, including driveways, garden paths, seating areas and large gravel surfaces in public spaces. Traditionally laid gravel is often even more problematic when used for driveways, parking areas and car parks as regular vehicular traffic compounds the problem and regularly results in potholes and ruts developing which then pool with water when it rains. This is what we would refer to as poor surface performance and one that requires constant attention and maintenance.
Nidagravel® gravel stabilisation grids provide the solution!
Our range of gravel grids and honeycomb stabilizers are the answer. Nidagravel® gravel grids
were designed to develop a way of stabilising gravel using a matrix of hexagonal cells. These hexagonal cells form a honeycomb structure which can be filled with gravel and which hold the gravel firmly in place, permanently. The perfect solution you might say!
BENEFITS OF USING NIDAGRAVEL® GRAVEL STABILISATION GRIDS:
Nidagravel® gravel grids provide a durable and long lasting surface.Nidagravel® gravel grids prevent potholes and ruts developing.Nidagravel® gravel grids are easy to walk on, ride or wheel a bicycle or wheelchair across, drive across in a car or ride over on a motorbike.Nidagravel® gravel grids provide a 100% water permeable or porous surface, which ensures no puddles or pooling of surface water.Nidagravel® gravel grids do not require additional and often expensive drainage work.Nidagravel® gravel grids are lightweight, easy to handle and quick to install.Nidagravel® gravel grids are flexible and will follow the contours of your site perfectly.Nidagravel® gravel grids are ideal for using on slopes of up to 15%.Nidagravel® gravel grids have a geotextile membrane thermally glued to the underside of each sheet, which prevents gravel getting under the sheets.Nidagravel® gravel grids are weed proof and easy to maintain.Nidagravel® gravel grids hold gravel in place with very low gravel migration.Nidagravel® gravel grid are designed to be hidden and are completely invisible when laid.Nidagravel® gravel grids are supplied in large format sheet, which are quick and easy to lay.Nidagravel® gravel grids require no special tools for installation, making it simple for DIY projects.Nidagravel® gravel grids are recyclable, UV and frost resistant.
10 ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF USING NIDAGRAVEL® GRAVEL STABILISATION GRIDS:
1. Nidagravel® is environmentally friendly.
2. Nidagravel® is manufactured using recycled materials.
3. Nidagravel® is manufactured using environmentally friendly techniques including filtering and recycling the water used in production.
4. Nidagravel® sheets themselves are fully recyclable.
5. Nidagravel® provides a 100% water permeable surface and allows rainwater to filter through to ground water aquifer.
6. Nidagravel® reduces surface run-off and easy the pressure on the storm water and sewerage system.
7. Nidagravel® has a low carbon footprint compared to concrete block paving and tarmac surfaces.
8. Nidagravel® inhibits weed growth, which reduces the use of chemical weed killers.
9. Nidagravel® is a lightweight product and less energy is used in its transportation
10. Nidagravel® can be laid over existing surfaces, subject to drainage, levels and the application.
10 GREAT REASONS TO CHOOSE NIDAGRAVEL® STABILIZATION GRIDS
1. Nidagravel® is manufactured by Nidaplast who are the world leaders in gravel stabilisation.
2. Nidagravel® sheets are tried and tested and have been used to stabilise gravel for the past 15 years.
3. Nidagravel® is the No.1 gravel stabilisation brand in Europe.
4. Nidagravel® products are guaranteed to work and we have never had a single product failure.
5. Nidagravel® product are branded with the Nidagravel® logo.
6. Nidagravel® provides a cost effective high performance surface.
7. Nidagravel® UK hold large quantities in stock permanently to ensure availability all year round.
8. Nidagravel® UK deliver nationwide in 48 hours from placing your order.
9. Nidagravel® UK offer full product support with technical and installation advice.
10. Nidagravel® UK provide excellent customer service.